What does CAPS provide?
- Brief individual, couples, and group therapy
- Drop-In Workshops
- Outreach Presentations
- Urgent/Crisis Intervention
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication monitoring in conjunction with ongoing therapy
- Assistance with referrals
Please note, during the COVID-19 pandemic, services will be conducted using tele-counseling via BlueJeans video/audio and phone.
Is there a fee associated with services?
- Therapy services are free and confidential.
Is my information private?
- Therapy services are not part of your student record, but there may be times you might want others to know about your progress. If you decide you would like others to know, you will be asked to fill out a release of information.
Who can use CAPS?
- Currently enrolled students in the College of Engineering.
What are the top 5 reasons students visit CAPS?
- Relationship Issues
- Academic concerns
How to schedule your first visit:
- Email Nidaa Shaikh and Kayla Douglas at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an “Initial Consultation.”
- Initial Consultation Meeting – Involves initial paperwork and consultation to determine the best way to meet your needs (45 minute appointment.)
- For information about After Hours care, visit the After Hours FAQ page.