Need Help with an Urgent Mental Health Concern?
- After Business Hours: 734.764.8312 (Press 0)
- UM CAPS offers after hours support to any UM student or any person concerned about a UM student. You will have the option to leave a message or to Press 0 to speak to a licensed mental health professional. This is an extension of Counseling and Psychological Services and can assist a caller in any mental health crisis situation. Counselors can also assist callers in accessing CAPS or other campus resources. When appropriate, CAPS staff will follow up with the caller on the next business day.
- During Business Hours: Email the CAPS Central Virtual front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734.761.8312
- Urgent Walk-In Services Available at CAPS (Michigan Union 4th floor)
If you need emergency assistance, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.
Local 24-Hour Hotlines
- UM Psychiatric Emergency Services: 734.996.4747
- UM Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness: 734.936.3333
- Department of Public Safety: 734.963.1131
Additional 24-Hour Hotlines:
- The Trevor Lifeline: 1.866.488.7386
- Trevor provides suicide prevention and crisis intervention to LGBTQ young people ages 13-24. TrevorChat is available 7 days a week 2:00 PM – 8:00 PM CST.
- TrevorText is available Fridays 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM CST. Text the word “Trevor” to 1.202.304.1200.
- Veterans Crisis Line:1.800.273.8255 and Press 1
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects Veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring, Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Access chat HERE.
- You may also send a text to 838255.